Tri-Faith Initiative & American Muslim Institute (AMI)
Omaha’s Tri-Faith Initiative was founded in 2006 when community leaders of Jewish, Christian, and Muslim faiths agreed to co-locate their houses of worship on a shared campus. Today, Temple Israel, the American Muslim Institute (AMI), and Countryside Community Church have realized that early vision. Their places of worship share common ground and embody the Tri-Faith mission to cultivate inclusive environments to advance interfaith relationships and understanding.
- Fostering the development of the globally unique Tri-Faith Initiative of Omaha.
- Supporting AMI's commitment to improving the public perception of Islam through a greater understanding of its core values of acceptance, compassion, equality, justice, and peace.
- VGA guided community faith leaders to bring their vision to reality, acting as a facilitator and liaison among all stakeholders.
- VGA supported the Tri-Faith Initiative with strategic planning, board development, marketing, communications, and event management services.
From early on, VGA has been instrumental in the Tri-Faith Initiative’s success. VGA has facilitated these community faith leaders to bring their early vision into the globally recognized campus it is today. We acted as a guide and liaison among all stakeholders. VGA has supported the Initiative with strategy planning, board development, marketing, communications, and event management services. Key support includes:
- Capital campaign to raise the $1 million necessary to purchase Tri-Faith’s land on the campus in west Omaha and $8 million for the building.
- Fundraising dinner event – Dinner in Abraham’s Tent, with over 700 guests – raised over $85,000.
- Led fundraising efforts for the AMI’s mosque and educational center on the Tri-Faith Commons in May of 2017.
- Community Open House for AMI with over 2,000 community members in attendance.
- Capital campaign to raise the funds for the Commons’ Tri-Faith Center with the goals of encouraging interaction among the faith groups and providing engaging interfaith programming for the general public.